About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Monday, July 1, 2013

Scrabble Bridal Shower


I co-hosted a bridal shower for my dear friend Jen. I think I loved planning this shower almost as much as I love Jen!  Jen and her supercute fianc√© love to play Word with Friends and have Scrabble magnets on the refridgerator.  He wanted Scrabble save-the-dates, but when you plan a wedding in 3 months, there's not time for save-the-dates!!  So we did a Scrabble Love Bridal Shower for them.

I'm going to level with you.  I went craft crazy for this shower.  You'll see.

For the invitations Jen let me borrow her engagement ring (without any questions!) for a couple of minutes for a photo shoot.  I printed the photo below and used it as the cover for the invitations.
Guest were greeted with wooden LOVE signs in the front lawn, which Jen later used in her engagement photos.

 When guests arrived they filled out a card for Jen with a special memory and some marital advice.  I used a really cute downloadable font called Tilez from dafont.



And what's a Scrabble party without some sort of word scramble?



The beverage station in the kitchen with coffee from our shop, champagne, orange juice, iced tea and white wine.  Drin_ up!  (I couldn't find a "k" in any of my Scrabble tile!).




Strips of purple and green fabric were a great backdrop for the wooden tile banner.  The letters and numbers were cut from vinyl with my Cameo


The food was delish!  Jen loves Caesar salad, there was a Caesar salad buffet with homemade muffins, pasta salad, bread, and fresh strawberries.


 



Party favors were Scrabble key chains. 



And I also made Scrabble wine charms

And some pillows

I told you I went craft crazy.

We finished up the shower with yummy custom cupcakes from Angle Food Bakery!


What's a 5 letter word starting with "h"  to describe the bride?  Happy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun idea, I love it. This is such a creative idea. I always love something different. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love the scrabble tile theme... I have a few different sets of scrabble words around my house, hidden in little spots for the discerning eye. I love how you really took it to the 'next' level!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! I could see doing many a parties with this theme! SUPER Creative! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)