About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Adventures in Beekeeping: The Bee Yard


It's very important for the beekeeper to put their bees in a safe and optimal environment.  Since ThatGuy and I live in a condo on the second floor, we don't have any yard space of our own. So I called the condo association to see if we could put a hive up somewhere. 

Here's how the conversation went.
Me: Can I put a beehive on the property?
Them: No! We pay for bees to not be on the property.
Me: Humph!

Enter my friend Sia who happens to own a farm just a mile away from my suburban condo! 


She has barn cats!


And ponies!

Chickens galore!


Soooo many goats!!

 

And Penelope better watch out because there are really cute BABY BUNNIES!! 

 

 

We think our bees will be very happy on the farm!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love. More posts! I want to live vicariously.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)