About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Front Porch


Last year I made (in my opinion) a really cute "merry" banner to hang inside the house.  This year I switched things up and put it outside



I cut some boughs from 2 kinds of evergreen trees from my mom's backyard and planted them in some dirt with some red glittery picks from JoAnn's.



Throw some pinecones around the tree stubs picked up after a summer storm and I've got myself a wintery nature display!




And right across this sweet nature scene is my name in LIGHTS!  :)


3 comments:

  1. I love the rustic wood combined with the green shutter, and your banner is so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love this! the green shutter is so pretty and i love the bunting :) stopping by from tatertots and jello!
    megvcornwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for sunshine award

    http://randomamanda809.blogspot.com/2013/01/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)