About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Friday, November 2, 2012

Yarn Monster Pencils


My youngest niece (who has now chosen to be known as Little Miss Hermione Granger on this blog)  was in town from Seattle last week and we had a chance to get some serious crafting done.  We checked out some ideas from different blogs and decided to make some monsters similar to Two Shades of Pink.

Little Miss Hermione Granger


We wrapped yarn around a hand about 50 times, then slipped it off and tied the loops tight in the middle.  Next we cut all the ends of the loops to create our pompoms.  It was fun to give the pompoms a little hair cut to make the ends shorter.

 

We slipped a pencil in the center of the pompom and added some hot glue to make sure nothing would slop.  Then we added some facial details using yarn, felt and googly eyes.

   

In some cases, we added a lot of googly eyes!



This one looks like a chef, but actually has a felt rosette on it's head.


It was kind of hard to stop making these once we got started... anyone want a yarn monster pencil? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcomed :)