About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Friday, August 10, 2012

Jubilee Green Shutter


I'm blogging at Jubilee Furniture today!

Wine while blogging?  Hopefully there's no spelling mistakes.....

Of course while at Jubilee, I found something for me- a lone green shutter.  Susan gave me a great deal and I came home inspired to do some rearranging.


I love the bright color!  And can you believe how vintage it looks?  Well, that's because it probably is vintage.


Found a new home for my succulents!  Hopefully they fair well outside on the front step.  Also moved a lantern from our wedding and some stumps from trees that didn't survive the big summer storm in July.




I learned something about myself during this process- I have a thing for green shutters!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute. I have some shutters that I need to pick up. I like the plants hanging off it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just grabbed a shutter out of someones trash yesterday. Not sure yet what I'm going to do with it... I'm loving this color on it though! Hmm... I wonder if I can incorporate green into my living room where I want to have it live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I just adore shutters and this is such a great way to use it! Hope you share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2012/08/pink-hippo-party-91.html
    I am your newest follower!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shutters too. There's just something about them. Last week I painted 2 of mine in Antibes green and hung them in my bathroom. I worked to get an old patina, but yours already has it, which makes it so much more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have two old shutters in our garage, and I think this is a great idea for how to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I really like how you hung the little planter pails on the shutter. Such a cool way of using and showing off your old vintage shutter. Thank you for sharing. Now I got to find an old shutter (-; Love your tree stumps too! Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! i just found a shutter and painted it too:

    http://jedandivy.blogspot.com/2012/08/upcycled-shutter.html

    I want to hang succulents from mine!

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)