About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Monday, May 7, 2012

Crafty Shower: Decorated Clothespins


I showed you the crafty banner and food table and decorations.  Since the theme of the bridal shower was crafts, we clearly needed to make some crafts! For party favors and as a gift to the bride, we made these awesome paper covered clothespins: 







This is a really easy craft, which is nice for people who have crafting anxiety, or people who have a hard time talking and doing something at the same time! 

Crafty niece L and me- we like to talk and craft
 I ordered wooden clothespins from Amazon and used a pack of paper from JoAnn's and some Mod podge. We also had some vintage buttons that both moms brought for embellishments that were attached with hot glue. 

Simply cut your paper down to size to fit on top of the clothespin.  Add a later of Mod Podge to adhere the two items together.  Wait a couple minutes for it to dry, then add another layer of Mod Podge to act as a sealant so the paper will not peel off the clothespin.


After that layer dried, people could use the hot glue to add a button (or 2 or 3 or 4!).  Everyone left with a couple of clothespins for themselves and the bride got a whole bunch!  


Would these be great with a magnet on the back to use as fridge magnets too?  ThatGuy is always using our clothespins to close his bags of jalapeno pepper pretzel bites (yuck!).

The bride modeling one of the many uses of decorated clothespins







9 comments:

  1. Super cute idea. i love the buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute! The buttons are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really darling. I bet you could do that with fabric as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making these! your are so cute!!

    serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute - I love that you used buttons. I'd love for you to share this tutorial on my new link party: http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/05/document.html

    - Sarah @ www.naptimedelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! These are fabulous! You take great pictures of your work, too! Very fun!

    We would LOVE for you to stop over and link up this awesome idea in our Crafty Saturday Showcase. The Showcase runs Saturday through Thursday. Then our Designers will pick their top linked up picks and feature them on Friday! Stop over and join in the fun! We have a linky for crafty bloggers and ETSY/Business Bloggers, too!

    Have a super weekend,

    Susie
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/05/26/saturday-showcase-craft-projects-3/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are super cute and adorable!
    I love this idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!!! I'll do that soon ;) Thank you!

    I'm a new follower from the linky

    http://sparkleandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project to do with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)