About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Crafty Shower: Banner and Food


What party isn't complete with a food table and decorative banner?  I make this really cute banner using brown kraft paper for the backing and colorful letters cut out on the Ellison machine at my school.  Combined with the knitting wreath, wooden spool photo holders, colorful clothespins (tutorial coming this week!),  it really set the tone for a crafty-cute shower. 





The food was a team effort- my mom made an awesome chicken salad with whole wheat bread or croissants, I did veggies and hummus, and the bride's mom brought meat/cheese and a lot of delicious Michigan fruit!  Sooooo good!!







3 comments:

  1. super cute! Newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! i would love for you to add this to my weekend link party. check it out here:
    http://www.lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2012/05/spread-love-8-harem-royal-giveaway.html
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)