About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Friday, April 27, 2012

Crafty Shower: Wooden Spool Photo Holders


Wedding showers are a great place to show off childhood pictures of the bride and groom.  Luckily for new sister-in-law B, my brother was THE CUTEST KID EVER!! 

 
While searching for ideas for our crafty-themed shower, I turned to Pinterest and found lots of great ideas, including one that uses spools as photo holders.  So easy, people!!  Just cut a wooden dowel down to size and slap on some cute paper and a photo. 


Next to a blue mason jar with daisies and some metal knitting needles, the spool photo holders are a really cute display!  We did a picture of the groom on one side and the bride on the other side.


 I would recommend doing some sort of adhesive on the bottom, just to make sure the spools don't wobble around or fall.


2 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute!! Where did you find the turquoise mason jars? I need to buy 70 of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!! I just added myself to your followers for support, and wanted to invite you to check out an awesome Modcloth giveaway I'm having!

    Hope to see you there! Thanks so much!
    Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-time-again.html

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)