About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Monday, April 2, 2012

Pallet


All crafters get excited about finding a new crafting medium, especially if it's free.  The other day while talking about decorating a wall with ThatGuy, I remembered Just A Girl's Pallet Wall.  I love the different shades of wood, as well as the striking statement the pallet wall makes.  I showed it to That Guy who reminded me that he has pallets at his work's warehouse that they throw away every week.  THROW AWAY!?!  Can you believe it?  After doing some quick Pinterest research, I discovered there are many, many, many crafty uses for pallets!  Here are some of my favorites:

  
Just a Girl's Pallet Wall
Life on the Balcony's Pallet Garden

Kojo Design's Pallet Reading Area
Sheryl Salsibury Photography's Pallet Swing
Apartment Therapy's Pallet Dish Display
So many great ideas out there.  I want to try the pallet garden, as that could be a good fit for my little balcony and requires no woodworking or tool knowledge.  I'm all about easy, cheap crafting!

2 comments:

  1. These are cool! I really like the garden pallet!

    Have you seen this one?

    http://failblog.org/2012/04/01/white-trash-repairs-there-i-fixed-it-pallet-board-movie-seating/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I love it! And how cute is it that you have a Bunny?! ...and a Baby! Is there no end to the cuteness? Thanks for sharing!
    -Wendy Lee

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)