About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Monday, April 9, 2012

Daffodil Surprise


Today when I woke up, I saw a beautiful surprise in my kitchen!


About a month ago my mom gave me some daffodil bulbs she found in her garage.  She made no promised about whether they would grow or not.  I took a gamble and stopped by Home Depot to pick up some potting soil and got to work potting the bulbs on my patio.








After adding some soil to the tops of the bulbs, I put the pot on my kitchen table next to the sun.  I waited... and waited... and waited.  


 Nothing was happening!  I moved the pot outside and forgot about it.  Then being super responsible,  ThatGuy moved the pot back inside during a cold snap and three days later- a beautiful daffodil!


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcomed :)