About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Crafty Shower: Knitting Wreath


My brother got married last weekend!  So I suppose its about time I blogged about the awesome, craft-themed shower we had for his new wife last month.

 

Here's a shot of the food table- featuring my knitting/sewing wreath among a lot of delicious food.  This wreath was made possible by my downstairs old lady neighbor, who didn't know I went through her donation pile on the driveway before the van came to pick stuff up.  I took one grapevine wreath and a small vintage blue suitcase.   And I do have some guilt, but a very minor amount.

 

First I wrapped some wooden spools in blue and green yarn. 


So cute!

 

Then I used floral wire to attach wooden knitting needles to the wreath. 


Then use some floral wire to grab a strand of yarn and attach to the wreath. 


I also wrapped some yarn around the wreath to give it more color. 


Tada!

8 comments:

  1. This is ABSOLUTELY, Ridiculously the cutest wreath I've ever seen!!! I am definitely going to need this one day! lol -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too stinking' cute! Perfect for the theme of the party! I'd love it if you shared this at my Tuesday link party at www.kathewithane.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love how it turned out:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wreath how innovative. The shower looks so fun and the fruit on the table looks pretty inviting too.
    Drop by when you have a minute.. Seen you at KatheWithanE.com
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there!! I just added myself to your followers for support, and wanted to invite you to check out an awesome Modcloth giveaway I'm having!

    Hope to see you there! Thanks so much!
    Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-time-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling wreath! I need one in my craft "room" (it's more like a corner!)I love the idea of a craft themed shower! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)