About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Football Oreo Balls


This post is a little overdue, considering ThatGuy's birthday party was about a month ago.  ThatGuy's birthday is close to the Super Bowl, so we always host a party and invite our families over.  ThatGuy's grandma is the cake baker in the family, and I wanted to make something sweet for the meal.  After trolling the internet for inspiration, I found these cute football oreo truffles on Bakerella.  But please don't click on that link, because you will see her truffles are like 1,000 times better than mine!


First step is to process one bag of oreos (minus the 1 you have to eat).


Add 1 package of cream cheese and pulse to combine.


Scoop out some dough and roll in a ball, then pinch the edges to make a football shape. Freeze on a cookie tray. 


Melt chocolate in a bowl. Then drop the footballs in the melted chocolate and place on back on the cookie sheet.


I used white frosting to make the ties on the footballs. Then I stuck them back in the freezer until it was time to eat.  Mine did not turn out as cute as Bakerella's, but they sure were delicious!

Update: ThatGuy says the correct football term is "laces" and not "ties."  Whatevs.

3 comments:

  1. I think your footballs turned out adorable! I'm making cake pops for the first time this weekend (yeah, I know, next thing you know I'll be "discovering" macarons) and I told Alec that they will either be the cutest things ever or I will have a total nervous breakdown trying to make them turn out properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm these sound good, and perfect for football parties! Thanks for linking up the The Kurtz Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the Weekend Wind Up! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)