About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crafty Party


Last weekend my friend Mandy (read her guest post) hosted a Craft Party.  She had supplies and directions to make some easy crafts, as well as some delicious snacks- like so delicious I stood by myself for 10 minutes at the kitchen counter eating after everyone started crafting.  Guest could make washer necklaces, glass tile necklaces/magnets or glass circle magnets.



Washer necklace- cut pictures from magazines and mode podge onto metal washer.  Tie with twine and it's a necklace!  I did a thin layer of diamond glaze over the top to seal it and protect the paper.  I totally had a crafting nerd moment when I realized Mandy had diamond glaze for us to use- I've been wanting to use it for a couple of months.  And now I'm going to take my birthday gift card (thanks Johanna!) to JoAnn's and get me some!!



Here are my 2 magnets! Cut out cute patterns from magazines and attach to glass circles/tiles with mod podge.  Then hot glue a magnet to the back of the paper.


This party was soooo fun!  And the crafts were perfect- there were some people with "craft anxiety" who were able to successfully make their crafts and feel really good about their projects!

People suggested to Mandy that this be a yearly event.  I'm hoping for this to be a monthly event.  Mandy, what do you think? 






1 comment:

  1. Awwww Joy! You're too kind. I was impressed and shocked that everyone joined in! Glad you came...and yes I'll have do it again-hmmmm but what to craft?!

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)