About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine's Day Shelves

Time to change out the Christmas decorations to Valentine's Day! (Does anyone actually do New Year's decorations?)

 

I didn't do too much for this look, but I like how light and springy it looks!  Even if we have about a foot of snow on the ground.


Button flowers I posted about last week.



ThatGuy gave me some beautiful flowers!  He's so sweet.  He said it was for doing such a good job taking care of him after his hernia surgery.  I almost feel like I shouldn't post the following picture, but I just have to! 


Ah, yes, that is my husband using the bedside remote as a telephone. And that was before the anesthesia set in...


OK, back to the decorations!  (Those might be the last flowers I ever receive from him.)


Sweet little pink birds from Hobby Lobby. 


I wrapped a pink ribbon around our wedding lanterns.


I hung the grapevine wreath using a pushpin strategically placed in the folds of a ribbon to complete the look.  In the words of my niece Emma when she was 3 and could do cool tricks like stand on one foot for a second "Ta da!"

8 comments:

  1. I love the pink and green together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shutters. I need to find some to give height to my mantel. Cute display!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the green shutter and the button flowers are so cute!!! visiting from The Sasse Life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that green is fabulous. And all of your Valentine's colors totally pop with it!! Glad your hubby is okay. Would be delighted for you to link up with us at Mop It Up Mondays (going on through Friday): http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-party-2.html

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I LOVE the green shutters!

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)