About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Valentine Button Flowers!


These button flowers are so cute!!  Seriously, ever time I look at them I smile.  AAAAANNNNDDD they were easy to make, which is my favorite kind of craft!



Cut about 12 inches of wire (I used silver floral wire). Thread buttons through the wire.  I think it looks best to have the smallest button on the top and larger buttons on the bottom.  Use 3, 4 or 5 buttons.  Twist the wire together to hold the buttons in place.  

So easy, right? 


Using hot pink vinyl, I cut out an X O X using my Silhouette and stuck them to some jars I got years ago from Hallmark. Stick the button flowers in the jar and wrap some cute ribbon on the top.    


They are so cheerful and bouncy!


ThatGuy thinks they are so good looking he wanted to eat them! But I reminded him they were plastic buttons. 





10 comments:

  1. No way, this is just awesome. I love buttons! Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so darling! I hope you'll link this up at my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet!!! I love the button flowers and vases!! Awesome job! Come party today over at Passionatelyperfect.com! Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute! I hope you will link up this project to my I Heart Projects Party!

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love buttons and love the milk jars! I would love if you'd link it to my Valentine Craft Linky(if you'd like)!
    Michelle
    http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.com/search/label/VALENTINE%20CRAFT%20LINKY/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love the milk bottles! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Those would be very cheerful on my desk at work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too Cute! Thanks so much for linking up!! Just a reminder to register for my giveaway...

    Ramsign Giveaway: Porcelain Enamel Sign {up to $99 value}

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were featured today on Blissful and Domestic. Stop by and grab a button:)

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2012/02/25-valentine-projects-more.html

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)