About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Murphy's Stache Bash

Last  weekend I co-hosted a Meet the Baby party for this little man. 

 

In case you couldn't tell by the giant paper mustache on a stick in front of Murphy's face, it was a Stache Bash!!  I've recently become obsessed with mustaches (see here) and think they are hilarious.  And, like any good party planner, I went a little crazy with the theme....


I had a little photo area where people could pose with a mustache on a stick.  Pictures were printed out and put inside a special photo album so Murphy could get to know his Midwestern friends.

ThatGuy and Murphy's Dad

Mustaches as bushy eyebrows!
Write a note to baby Murphy! (please note the cards also have a mustache on them) 
 I also did a Name the Stache game and printed out pictures of famous mustaches.  There are a surprising amount of famous mustaches out there!  My favorites are Salvator Dali and Mario.

Thinking hard about mustaches
To make the game slightly more challenging, I covered up their eyes with giant mustaches


Luckily the party host's house had a great mantle that the photos could lean on. 


Party favors were chocolate mustaches- more on that tomorrow!! 

*Murphy's Stache Bash has been featured on Mine for the Making!


2 comments:

  1. What an adorable party! Love it! Thanks for linking up to Diy Diva Thurs! Please link back to the party :)

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)