About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Monday, December 19, 2011

Homemade Hot Cocoa Gift Jar- Guest Post from Katie of JustTenBooks


I'm very excited to have my very first guest post!  Katie from JustTenBooks is one of my childhood friends- we met in way back in 5th grade!  Katie is a children's librarian in Boston and has a blog where she features a top ten list of books about a certain topic.  Books about Google, books written by rappers, young adult books about mermaids and sirens; pretty much any topic!  Katie also accepts topic challenges, like the one I gave her to go along with my football goalposts.  

And most importantly, Katie is a new mom to baby Murphy!  Seriously, how cute are those cheeks?!


 As if she's not busy enough, Katie also had time to make these adorable and tasty hot cocoa jars for some of her neighbors.  She is awesome enough to share her recipe with us!


* * * * * * * * * *



Gift Jar: Hot Cocoa

This year my neighbors and friends are lucky.  They are getting gifts of Homemade Hot Cocoa mix in a jar!  This is an easy gift that you can put together assembly line style.  I would have done that, but my little helper is only 5 months old.  He just played with his feet instead.

What you need:

1 pint glass jars
Ribbon
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c.unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. powdered milk
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
1/4 c. mini marshmellows
a whole lotta holiday spirit


Simply layer the ingredients into the jar and tie a ribbon around the lid.  The tag should read:

"Mix contents in a large bowl.  For each serving, add 1/3 c. cocoa mix to 1 c. boiling water.  Enjoy!"

You can double the recipe for quart sized jars.

Voila!  You're done!  Now you can wow you friends and family with a homemade gift.

* * * * * * * * * *
Delicious! Now if only Katie would move back to the midwest and become my neighbor so I could receive one of these yummy gifts...  Make sure to visit her at JustTenBooks soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love these little gift jars..they look so sweet and I bet they make yummy hot chocolate! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)