About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Crafts

Many American families like to watch football on Thanksgiving, but not mine.  Instead of indulging in some television, we CRAFT!  My mom broke out her crafting supplies, I brought things over and my future sister-in-law, B, packed some in her suitcase.  I should have taken a picture of the Thanksgiving-dinner-table-turned-craft-table because we made quite a crafting mess!

Here's our creations:

My felt flower and sweater pin.

B's bluebird ornament

 













Mom's felt bird ornament







B and my mom are really into embroidering, so they showed me how to do a blanket stitch. Here's a YouTube video demonstrating this easy and versatile stitch.


Update- This post is featured on Between U & Me!

12 comments:

  1. These look so nice. I'd love for you to link these up to my Things I've Done Thursday link party that opens up tonight!

    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    Melanie
    Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I have been wondering how to do this. I keep seeing cute things at craft fairs with this stitch. I saw your post at Made in a Day. I am also located in the Chicago area. Check out my blog at www.twomomsalittletimeandakeyboard.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're gorgeous. Wish I had more friends & family into crafting who were near me to get together and craft with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are amazing! :) TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks our 8 yo class has been learning blanket stitch & moving onto christmas crafts so this is great

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, crafting on Thanksgiving. My in-laws would never go for this, but my Mom, my Mom would love it. Brilliant! Have you tried using the blanket stitch on a sewing machine? Stopping by way of Tip Junkie's linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous! I just love them! And thanks for the blanket stitch video - its something I've been meaning to learn for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are unbelievably sweet! Love them. I found you through Take a Look Tuesday, and I'm following you now!

    Kelly
    http://crazywego.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute! What a fun project. Have you linked up with Creative Me Monday? It's open all week long and I'd love to have you! You can link up as many projects as you'd like! The link is:

    http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/12/creative-me-monday.html?utm_source=BP_recent

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I featured this post on my "Best of" post this week! Come check it out and thanks for sharing at the Crazy Cute Party last week! ;)

    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)