About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Turkey Bulletin Board

Outside the entrance to the library there is a giant bulletin board, which is the perfect backdrop to feature student work.  This year I wanted to do a school-wide thankful project.  First I put up the brown turkey, but without the feathers.  That got the kids really interested and they kept telling me I forgot to put the feathers on!  As the classes cycled in over the past 2 weeks, the children helped create the feathers.  The students traced their hands and wrote, drew and decorated  what they are thankful for on their paper cut outs.









I really love that the whole school was involved in making this bulletin board.  And its really interesting to see what the kids are thankful for- most of them are thankful for their mom and dad, which is really sweet to see.

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcomed :)