About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Monday, November 14, 2011

Pumpkin Turkey Chili

ThatGuy is a chili connoisseur- he eats it at least once a week.  He got a tip from a friend about pumpkin chili and now we are obsessed with this recipe.  The pumpkin gives the chili a heartier and smoother texture with just a hint of flavor.  I've changed this recipe ever so slightly- it's really good, easy and healthy!

Pumpkin Turkey Chili
1 onion
2 peppers (one red, one green)
1 jalapeno pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced 
1 Tbs olive oil
1 lb ground turkey
1 can pumpkin
1 cup chicken broth
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tbs chili powered
2 tbs cumin



Chop onion, peppers and jalapeno and saute in a pan for about 5 minutes.  Add garlic and ground turkey and cook until turkey is no longer pink.  Add pumpkin, broth, beans and spices.  Heat on stove top until boiling and reduce to a simmer for at least 30 minutes.


To counter all the healthy, ThatGuy recommends adding cheese and crackers (or his favorite, Jalapeno Pepper Pretzels).

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcomed :)