About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ikea Sidetable Turned Nightstand


During out bedroom re-do, we searched for some nightstands and were slightly horrified at the prices.  This called for a cheap fix and I remembered 2 end tables I purchased years ago from Ikea for $10 each.  In fact, you can still buy them!  ThatGuy took this project on himself.


First he sanded down the tables to make the new pain stick.  We used a glossy gray spray paint.


 

Then he painted a flower design in the middle using black craft paint.   I bought cute lamps from Hobby Lobby- you can't see it in the picture but the lampshade is gray with sparkles. Also (not pictured) are baskets below the table to hold books, etc. Total cost for the table re-do was around $5.00!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcomed :)