About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Edible Turkeys

This year for Thanksgiving, I was in charge of bring the veggie tray.  I saw a picture of a veggie tray on Facebook that was my inspiration for my veggie turkey:




I served this with my homemade hummus and some people (who were trying to avoid eating anything healthy on Thanksgiving) said it was too cute to eat. I used lettuce, baby carrots, a red pepper, a green pepper and an orange pepper, along with 2 raisins for the eyes and a little celery for the feet.

My super crafty niece made ThatGuy and me this awesome edible turkey for Thanksgiving.  She used a green apple, multi-grain Cheerios, marshmallows and a candy corn.  Now this one really is too cute to eat!!



1 comment:

comments welcomed :)