Sunday, October 2, 2011

Yummus Hummus!

One of my favorite dips in hummus.  This Mediterranean delight is not only delicious, but healthy too!  AND it's easy to make, as long as you have a food processor!!



Drain and rinse one can of chick peas.  Put in food processor.


This picture would have been cooler if I remembered to carefully pose all of the ingredients...  but add 1/4 cup tahini, 2-3 Tbs. lemon juice, 1 tsp. ground garlic, and 1/2 tsp. salt.  Tahini is sunflower seed paste.


Pulse in the food processor.  If mixture is too thick add 2-3 Tbs. of water.  Also do a taste test and see if you would prefer more lemon juice or salt. 






You can also add fun mix-ins like olives, sun-dried tomatoes, or paprika. Serve with veggies (carrots, celery, peppers, zucchini) or pita bread.

2 comments:

  1. Crazy! I was just going to ask you for this recipe because I had a mad craving! Way to read my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on a hummus kick lately, and this looks so easy! I 'd love to try this. I found you through Kurtz Corner :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)