Monday, October 10, 2011

Decorating with Nature

Last Saturday I woke up with a spring in my step!  Usually I wake up by falling out of bed because I can't fully function until after my shower.  But I decided to go on a pinecone walk in the morning.  What's a pinecone walk, you ask?  Well, its a walk around the neighborhood looking for pinecones to use for decorating and crafts.  I made myself some coffee to go and grabbed a grocery bag.  I didn't even make it to the end of the street before my bag was full!!



Pinecones in a glass apothecary jar.   Pretty much any collection in a apothecary jar look sophisticated and pinecones are no exception.



Twigs and leaves wrapped around a candle.   Not sure I actually will light this candle, as it seems like a fire hazard.  But it certainly is a cute and earthy fire hazard....


We had a people for Dinner in a Pumpkin- I cut leaves out using my Silhouette machine and wrote guests' names.  Then I stuck the leaves inside the pinecone.  Easy name place cards!


ThatGuy gives these free decorating ideas "two thumbs up."

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! You could use a batter-operated tealite inside that candle for a "no fire-hazard" flame -- I do that a lot! I've been going on a pinecone walk & didn't realize it! We have some areas around our neighborhood that have pinetrees, & I've been collecting cones every morning on my walk. Your blog looks like fun, & I'm your newest follower!
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)