About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Are you Ready for some Football (books)?

This year I'm attempting to get more into football, since ThatGuy loves the Bears just about as much as he loves me. So for the Bears opening game I made chili, wore my Bears shirt, cried at the 9/11 events, cheered at kick-off... and then left the house.

Watching football is boring and making crafts is fun!!

I was struck with inspiration to make a goal post for a library book display out of PVC pipes.



There are a lot of PVC pipes at Home Depot. Luckily a very friendly employee came over to see if he could offer any help and I issued him a challenge: to make a 3 foot tall goalpost for under $15.


Challenge accepted, he drew ideas on the back of a receipt and got to work. We laid the pieces out and played around with the arrangement.


He cut the pieces down to size and added everything together- it was $8.15! So then I bought some yellow spray paint to make it official.

Hemmed a yard of football fabric to add more to the display and then put my books out. This will definitely get the kids excited to read!


AND you can check out an awesome football book list by Katie at Just Ten Books!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. I always go shopping while the littles are napping and the hubs willingly stays home to watch football all day. I love Sundays for that reason.

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)