About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fall Wreath

It's the year for this:


All my friends are turning 30, so ThatGuy and I have been partying it up 1980-81 style all year long! I had so much fun making the purple rosette and burlap wreath, I decided to make a fall themed one for my friend's present. (sidenote: turning 30 means being excited about home decor presents as opposed to receiving Barbies or issues of Seventeen magazines).

Here's the fall wreath!

Its like the Wreath is trying to say something! What's that, Wreath?

Oh! Happy fall to you too! What a friendly Wreath.

Supplies to make Happy Fall Wreath:
foam wreath
burlap strips (about 1/4 yard)
hot glue
orange/brown paper
twine
fusible interfacing
fall fabric

Step 1: Wrap strips of burlap around the foam wreath, securing with hot glue.
Step 2:
Cut out triangles for the banner and letters to spell Happy Fall. I used my awesome Silhouette for this.

Step 3:
Glue letters onto triangles and let dry. Glue to a piece of twine and then wrap twine around the wreath. Hot glue in place.


Step 4:
The wreath still needed something... so I added some mini pinwheels! I made pinwheels using burlap, fall fabric and fusible interfacing. Check out this post to learn how to make pinwheels.

I just used a straight pin to attach the pinwheels to the wreath, I needed to cover up the yellow head. I simply tied a knot of fabric, snipped off the ends and hot glued the knot to the pin.


Step 5:
Using the same technique as in the rosette wreath, add a strip of burlap and fabric to make a decorative holder.
Step 6:
Tada! Feel good that your wreath is welcoming in the best season of the year!

23 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Fall is my favorite season and I love this wreath, thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower from the tip junkie link party!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! I love bunting banners! It turned out so cute! I would love it if you would come link this up to my Ta-Da Tuesday Link Party starting tonight at midnight!!!

    http://mommybydaycrafterbynight.blogspot.com

    xoxo, Ashley J

    ReplyDelete
  3. soo cute!! I love this idea=) The perfect kick-off to the fall season!!

    -Adriane @ fruitfulhomejournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this wreath, the. pin wheels looks so cute! Awesome JOB!!
    We would love to have you come link up to our Crafty Lassie Tuesday Link Party. http://sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com/
    We are also having a giveaway! Hope to see you there.
    Thanks!
    Rose & Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wreath, it's fabulous. I'd love for you to stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely wreath! I need to make a fall wreath for my door!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE this fall wreath. I need one of these in my life. I'm your newest follower and would love if you joined us over at Sew Woodsy to link up this wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun fall wreath -- thank you so much for sharing and link up at Craft Junkie Too this week. :)
    Tracy
    http://www.craftjunkietoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I love the accent fabric you used for the hanger and the pinwheels. Adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just lovely! The pinwheels are my favorite part! I saw you at a Little Knick knack, where I posted my Halloween wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking up at {The Kurtz Corner} I just wanted to stop by and let you know you've been featured! Stop by, check it out, and grab a button if you'd like :)

    http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2011/09/link-party-features-no-4.html

    Audra
    TheKurtzCorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the little pin wheels! I think they're the best part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Featuring YOU over on my blog today. Love this! :) Come check it out & grab a button if you'd like. Thanks so much for sharing this at last week's {wow me} wednesday.

    Ginger@gingersnapcrafts

    http://gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/09/take-look-at-you-its-fall-yall.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is so stinking cute! i love the colors-perfectly fall. i want to make a new, or at least change somehow, my fall wreath. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable, I must make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome, i love it!!!


    newest follower from the crafting links!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute, love the burlap - and anything fall themed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute and festive fab! Thanks for sharing the cute tute! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful wreath, love the pin wheels. I would love for you to share this at bacon time linky.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/
    Come strut your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, I agree with every post before mine, your wreath is awesome! :) Just found you by searching burlap wreath. And I just left hobby lobby and needed some inspiration! You have definitely topped the cake in my book! I love it! Thanks for sharing ! :)


    Mary
    maryvandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally festive and fun!! I love the pennant banner with the message. :) I'd be really excited if you'd link this to my door decor challenge:

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/falling-for-crafts-challenge-3-door.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously adorable! I am visiting from Happy Hour Projects and I am a new follower!
    Hope you have a great weekend!!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a gorgeous wreath! I love the pinwheels and the way you made the loop for hanging. Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)