About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Oh La 30!

My friend Jen is turning 30 (never mind the fact I did that 5 months ag0).  As is the trend these days, instead of quietly turning 30 and feeling old my friends are CELEBRATING.  In typical Jen style, she is going all out and has an evening in Paris planned at a chic wine bar.  She graciously has asked me to help her with invitations. This is more of a favor to me, because I have a thing for invitations.

Paper invitations are one of my favorite things in this great big, whole, entire world.  I loooove them.  They are luxurious.  They are creative.  They are beautiful.  They take up a whole drawer in my desk because I save them, after proudly displaying them on my refrigerator for well past the party's date (I still have the most beautiful wedding invitation on my fridge from almost 2 year ago).

First thing, we scoured Etsy looking for inspiration and we found it at CreativeVision.  Jen really liked her Paris Tag, and Marianne was so accommodating and worked hard to get Jen what she wanted.  After a couple of trips to Paper-Source, we were ready to assembly the invites! I trimmed the lavender paper down and Jen punched all the corners to round them.  Then using foam, we mounted them on the brown envelope to add some height.



They needed something and luckily Marianne sent us some lavender ribbon!  We cut it into strips and glued it behind the Paris tag.



So cute!  Up next, the inside information....



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcomed :)