About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Friday, June 17, 2011

Copycat Shutters

Close your shutters or I will steal your design ideas! One of my favorite blogs is Crap I've Made, written by Char. In addition to being a crafting goddess, Char has such a great dry sense of humor that makes her blog not only inspiring to read, but humorous too. She recently had a post all about her shutter obsession, which got me obsessed with her shutters.

Being a girl on a budget, I joined FreeCycle, an email listserve where people offer and request free household objects. I joined and put out an email asking for old wooden shutters. My request was quickly answered and I found myself driving to the next town to take shutters from someone's front porch while they were at work. The whole experience was rather bizarre, but I got free shutters so I was okay with it.

My husband, who will be known as ThatGuy, graciously spray painted the shutters and moved them onto my shelves where I rearranged items until I got what I wanted. And I think it looks pretty good! What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcomed :)