About Me

My photo
I’m a book-reading, craft-making newlywed living outside Chicago. I love my husband, cooking dinner and especially eating desserts! We love to ride bikes all over town and read books at coffee shops. I also enjoy shopping at JoAnns, drinking wine on the patio and playing with my bunny rabbit Penelope. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Please leave a comment- they really make my day! :)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

4th of July No-Sew Bunting

Ta da!!



This is very exciting! I did my very first fabric bunting, and I didn't use the sewing machine! Good thing, because it wouldn't have turned out as cute.

Items needed:

3 different fabrics, about 1/2 yard each

1 yard fusible interfacing

1/2 yard interfacing

yarn

3 plates (mine were about 1 inch different between the sizes, the largest was around 10 inches in diameter)

Step 1: Trace the largest plate onto the interfacing 3 times. Trace the medium and small plate on the fusible interfacing 3 times each. You should have a total of 9 circles.



Step 2: Iron on the 3 large circles to your fabrics- you should do 1 large circle on each of your fabrics. Repeat with the medium and small plates. Each of your fabrics should have a small, medium and large interfacing circle ironed on.



Step 3: Cut out the circles.

Step 4: Line up one medium circle onto your large circle. Make sure it is even (I used a ruler to measure). Iron to fuse together. Then place the small circle and iron to fuse together. Repeat so now you have 3 large circles. Make sure you mix and match your fabric patterns.





Step 5: Cut your circles in the middle to create 6 half circles.



Step 6: Fold the edge of the half circle over and cut to create a slit. Then weave your yarn into the holes and tie in a bow.



Step 7: Hang your bunting and admire your handiwork! ThatGuy put some nails up for this bunting (and hopefully future ones!) after he cleaned off the window sill. :)

Happy 4th of July!!



4 comments:

  1. Super cute! No sew is definitely my kind of project. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Your email address is not linked to your blog account so I can't email you back directly from your comment on my blog. The freezer paper was used simply as a stick free surface that I could Mod Podge my doilies on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute!
    thanks so much for stopping by & commenting on my 4th of july wreath ~ i really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] cute wreaths on the blogs inspired me to make my own! And I have a lot of fabric left over from my bunting, so I have to use it [...]

    ReplyDelete

comments welcomed :)